Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to flash SiyahKernel-XT for the Xperia T LT30p
XDA Developer member gokhanmoral, the well-known developer of one of the best custom kernels in town, has released the SiyahKernel for the Sony Xperia T LT30p. Now every Xperia T user and developer can take advantage of this fast and optimized kernel. This kernel comes with autoroot, I/O schedulers, optimized governors, custom ClockworkMod-based recovery with touch gestures, and STweaks support. The kernel also has undervolting and overclocking support with fast-dormancy disabled by default.
Currently, the latest version has a 2- to 3-minute lag when you apply settings. Some STweaks settings are also not very effective. Unfortunately for JellyBean ROM users, the SiyahKernel only supports Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs for now. Don’t worry, though, because the developer is still working on this kernel, so stay tuned for more updates from gokhanmoral.
This guide shows you how to flash SiyahKernel-XT for the Xperia T LT30p.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Sony Xperia T, model number LT30p. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted Sony Xperia T LT30p with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Download the ClockworkMod-flashable SiyahKernel-XT package (Siyah-xt-v0.2-CWM.zip, md5sum: 39162e4fad46d006896790c0f6166225).
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the SiyahKernel-XT package to your phone’s SD card.
- Turn your phone off.
- Boot your phone into Recovery Mode. To do this, wait for the phone’s boot logo to appear and the LED light to turn purple. Press and hold down the Volume Down button for a few seconds and the phone will boot into Recovery Mode.
- Note: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
- Create a NANDroid Backup. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card > Choose ZIP from SD card > select the SiyahKernel file > Yes.
- Select Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Congratulations! You now have the SiyahKernel-XT running on your Sony Xperia T LT30p.