Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
WIND Mobile briefly posts up a pre-registration page for the Nexus 5
A little over a week ago the LG Nexus 5 made a surprise appearance on Google Play’s website, though it wasn’t too long before the page was pulled right back down. Whether a mistake or intentional trolling on Google’s part, it certainly got our attention.
Now a similar move has been made by the Canadian carrier, WIND Mobile.
Just a few hours ago, WIND Mobile took to their Facebook page, posting up a pre-registration page for the LG Nexus 5. As you see in the screenshot above, the page had the tagline “Google Nexus 5. The smart, new phone made to capture the moments that matter”.
We all know that Google has yet to unveil the Nexus 5, so it was only a matter of time before the page was pulled down. With the page gone, it’s possible that this was yet another teaser or someone at WIND Mobile just messed up and posted the page ahead of schedule.
What’s interesting about the pre-registration page was that, during its brief time online, it listed what it claimed to be official device specs:
- Screen: 4.95-inch 1920×1080 display (445 ppi) Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Cameras: 1.3MP front facing 8MP rear facing OIS
- Weight: 130 grams
- Dimensions: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm
- Operating System: OS Android 4.4, KitKat
- Chip Set: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ncNFC (Android Beam) / Bluetooth 4.0
- Storage / Memory / Ram: 16GB or 32GB internal storage 2GB RAM
- Ports & Connectors: microUSB, SlimPort enabled, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Dual microphones, Ceramic power and volume buttons
Now we are left wondering: did WIND Mobile simply gather up the already rumored specs and use the existing leaked press image, or are the Nexus 5’s specs finally confirmed? It’s really hard to say for sure – though at this point I’d say that it seems pretty likely that these specs will hold (mostly) true.