LG announced that their older phone’s won’t get an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but thanks to lupohirp of XDA Developers Forum, LG Optimus One P500 users will get a taste of the new ROM called CyanogenMod 9 (unofficial). This ROM is still a work in progress, here are the features.
- Full HardWare Acceleration
- 3D (Needs More Testing)
- Android Beam OFF
- GPS (Needs More Testing)
- Offline charging
- USB (switching to mass storage not working unless you flash the SuperUser app)
- Fixed data
- Fixed Wifi
- Fixed hardware lights
- FIxed brightness settings
- Fixed GoogleSsync (but with Gmail you can’t see email for the same reason for the browser)
- Fixed market
- Fixed native USB
What doesn’t work:
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- LG Optimus One P500 (ClockworkMod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download this CyanogenMod9 zip file on your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Once finished, disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery: press and hold the home + volume down + power button simultaneously.
- On recovery main menu select Backup/restore > Nand backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now go back to main menu and do a full wipe by selecting the following:
- Wipe All data/factory reset
- Wipe /cache
- Wipe Dalvik-cache
- Again go back to main menu and select Flash zip menu> Choose zip from SD card> then select the zip file you copied earlier to flash the CyanogenMod 9.
- Once it’s finished, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
congratulations, you have successfully updated your LG Optimus ne to CyanogenMod 9.