Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 (ICS) for LG Optimus One P500
LG announced that their older phone’s won’t get an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but thanks to lupohirp of XDA Developers Forum, LG Optimus One P500 users will get a taste of the new ROM called CyanogenMod 9 (unofficial). This ROM is still a work in progress, here are the features.
- Full HardWare Acceleration
- 3D (Needs More Testing)
- Android Beam OFF
- GPS (Needs More Testing)
- Offline charging
- USB (switching to mass storage not working unless you flash the SuperUser app)
- Fixed data
- Fixed Wifi
- Fixed hardware lights
- FIxed brightness settings
- Fixed GoogleSsync (but with Gmail you can’t see email for the same reason for the browser)
- Fixed market
- Fixed native USB
What doesn’t work:
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- LG Optimus One P500 (ClockworkMod recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download this CyanogenMod9 zip file on your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Once finished, disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery: press and hold the home + volume down + power button simultaneously.
- On recovery main menu select Backup/restore > Nand backup. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now go back to main menu and do a full wipe by selecting the following:
- Wipe All data/factory reset
- Wipe /cache
- Wipe Dalvik-cache
- Again go back to main menu and select Flash zip menu> Choose zip from SD card> then select the zip file you copied earlier to flash the CyanogenMod 9.
- Once it’s finished, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
congratulations, you have successfully updated your LG Optimus ne to CyanogenMod 9.