Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Unofficial CM9 for Droid Bionic Emerges. Gets You Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich!
Finally Droid Bionic users can now experience the Ice Cream Sandwich through the ROM called Cyanogenmod 9 (unofficial) by droidth3ory of Rootzwiki. droidth3ory ported the Axiom Ionic ROM of Galaxy Nexus to work in Droid Bionic so expect some of the features might not work.
- Integrated Google Apps 4.0.4
- FULL DSP Manager
- better battery life
- better RAM management
- Force Home Launcher in GPU (Software)
- Disable Kernel logging (Speed)
- Proximity Sensor Hack (Light Up Faster)
- UI Enhancements APM
- and tons of Extras Tweaks
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Droid Bionic running on 5.9.902 firmware update
- USB Data Cable
(important) Download and install Bootstrap app so that you can install and enter ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
- First, download the AXI0M_B_BIONIC_4.0.3_AB1_SIGNED.zip
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB data cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Run the Bionic SafeStrap app on your phone, then choose “Reboot Recovery” to reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- Once your in ClockworkMod recovery main menu, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the AXI0M_B_BIONIC_4.0.3_AB1_SIGNED.zip to start flashing the CyanogenMod 9 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations you have successfully updated your Droid Bionic to CyanogenMod 9.