Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Top 5 Android stories this week: M8 Prime, LG G3, and Google Plus redesign
This week in your world of Android: two new HTC devices showed up, the Galaxy S5 Prime starred in a leaked shot, Google Plus, Gmail, and Chrome received updates, even more details about the G3 surfaced, and we got a clue about the Moto 360’s price.
These are the essential stories, the summary of an entire week in just a few words. It’s Android Weekly.
M8 Prime, from every angle
If you had any doubts the souped up version of the M8 was coming, @evleaks released this week a 360 degree animated render and a rundown of the phone’s main specs. And, for those who prefer smaller screens, HTC is reportedly working on a curvy M8 Ace.
- HTC teases curvy device is on its way, plastic-clad HTC Ace M8 incoming?
- HTC One M8 Prime shows up in 360-degree render, shows off raised duo camera
- @evleaks: HTC One M8 Prime to offer 5.5-inch QHD display and Snapdragon 805 CPU
- HTC M8 Ace image displays peculiar speakers
Galaxy S5 Prime and Active
HTC’s not the only manufacturer preparing super premium phones for this summer. Samsung’s long rumored Galaxy S5 Prime supposedly leaked this week, complete with a metal design, and we also got a look at the Active model.
- These may be the first images of the Galaxy S5 Prime
- Supposed AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active hands-on videos leaked
Google Plus redesign is a glimpse of the future
Google is reportedly going to refresh its UI design language in the future, and Google Plus is one of the first apps to get the new treatment. The Mountain View company also released some nice updates to Gmail and Chrome this week.
- Google Plus for Android gets big update with completely new UI, Stories, and more
- Chrome for Android gains support for multi-window devices, undo closed tabs, and more
- Save to Drive and other improvements with updated Gmail app
LG shows us the G3
While most companies will do anything to keep their wares under wraps, LG is more forthcoming. This week, the company all but revealed the G3 in three promotional videos and also introduced the QuickCircle smart cover for the device, ahead of the official launch on May 27.
- Leaked LG slides give us better look at LG G3’s specs: Snapdragon 801 with 3GB RAM
- LG shows off the G3 in promo videos. Last minute leak confirms removable battery
- LG’s QuickCircle case will make the G3 “infinitely more useful”
Moto 360 – what’s the right price?
When Android Wear smartwatches land this summer, their price tag will be crucial for early adoption. The fine print in a Motorola-ran contest page gave us a clue about the price of the Moto 360, and we talked about it extensively in our weekly debate.
- Motorola kicks off watchface contest, hints at $250 price tag for Moto 360
- What’s the right price for the Moto 360?
What was the biggest Android news this week?