Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we reviewed the ASUS ZenFone 3 Laser, talked about the LG G6’s 18:9 aspect ratio, and walked through the steps you should take if you lose your Android phone. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel XL?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Lost your Android phone? Good luck trying to get it back Losing your phone can be extremely scary. Can you find an Android phone if you lose it? How do you go about that process? Let’s find out!
What is the LG G6’s 18:9 aspect ratio all about? – Gary explains With the launch of the LG G6 we have a new phrase to add to our vocabularies, “18:9 aspect ratio”. What is an 18:9 aspect ratio?
5G and the Snapdragon 835 at Qualcomm’s campus We found out more about Qualcomm’s 5G plans and the Snapdragon 835 processor during a two day tour of their campus in San Diego.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Laser review Join us as we take a look at ASUS’ entry-level ZenFone 3 Laser.
From Android Market to Google Play: a brief history of the Play Store On the fifth anniversary of the launch of Google Play, we take a look at the history of Google’s efforts to distribute new apps, video and other content.
Hangouts becoming enterprise communication tool, splitting into ‘Meet’ and ‘Chat’ apps Google announced plans to split its Hangouts messaging service into two apps: Hangouts Meet for video and Hangouts Chat for texts.
How to break free of Google’s ecosystem There’s a lot to love about Google and its services, but if you’ve ever considered what it would be like to break free from reliance on these services– this guide is for you.
The looming wireless power standards IP showdown Wireless charging technology is looking to make a resurgence in 2017, but which of the numerous standards is likely to become the market leader?
What’s the situation with Bluetooth audio? Bluetooth audio gets a bad rep for offering inferior quality sounding music and suffering from questionable connection problems. But is this reputation fairly deserved?
How much RAM is ‘good enough’ for your smartphone? How much RAM is ‘good enough’ for your smartphone? Are you happy with just 2GB, or are you someone who needs at least 6GB of RAM?
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Google Assistant is finally rolling out to all Nougat and Marshmallow phones
- Hangouts for regular folks isn’t going anywhere… for now
- Evan Blass: LG G6 lands in the U.S. on April 7
- March 2017 Android security updates now available for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Samsung completes acquisition of Harman International
- The next version of Android is rumored to have some new assistive features
- Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge now receiving Android 7.0 Nougat
- Here’s when the LG G4 and LG V10 will get Android 7.0 Nougat
- Huawei P10 gets high praise for its cameras with a DxOMark score of 87
- Mid-range Samsung phones may soon get Samsung Pay
- The Moto Z successor may have been used to demo Sprint’s Gigabit Class LTE speeds
- Unlocked Moto Z Play in the U.S. is getting Android 7.0 Nougat
- Huge Gboard update brings Google Translate support, emoji suggestions and more
- Check out the Galaxy S8 and S8+ size comparison with the Galaxy S7, Note 7 and more
- Nest said to be making a cheaper thermostat, updating its home security portfolio
- Nougat gets a big boost in March 2017 Android distribution numbers
- AT&T rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat to the Galaxy S7 Active
- Galaxy S8 always-on home button and more revealed in new leaked images
From our network
- BeatsX vs Powerbeats3 vs AirPods – which are right for you? [SoundGuys.com]
- Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con controllers can also play games on Windows, Mac, and Android [TabTimes.com]
- The new Facebook 360 app offers immersive videos and images for the Samsung Gear VR [VRSource.com]
- First look at Mercedes AMG Concept GT – just look at this car! [Charged.io]