Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we went hands-on with the HONOR 8 Pro, talked about our experiences with the first Android O Developer Preview, and a whole lot more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win an LG G6?
The LG G6 is one of the hottest phones out there right now. Here’s how you can win one!
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
How stable is the first Android O Developer Preview? Google says the first Android O Dev Preview is meant only for developers. But just how stable is it? Here are our experiences so far.
HONOR 8 Pro hands-on We go hands on with the HONOR 8 Pro which has just been announced in the UK and Europe, following its arrival in China under the name the HONOR V9.
Android photo recovery: is it possible? – Gary explains You have deleted a photo by mistake and you don’t have a backup. Is it possible to recover lost photos on Android?
Why do OEMs keep reinventing the UI wheel? Android manufacturers continue to tweak and change their UI designs each year, but is this lack of consistency causing problems for users?
TL;DR: HUAWEI P10 vs P10 Plus vs HONOR 8 Pro We take a closer look at the major differences between the HUAWEI P10, P10 Plus, and HONOR 8 Pro to help you decide which is best for you.
Top five old phones that are still worth owning Modern flagships are pretty sophisticated machines, but there are old phones that are still worth picking up or keeping hold of. Here’s a list of the top 5.
We need to rethink what a ‘big’ smartphone is If the LG G6 and Galaxy S8 have taught me anything, it’s that it’s about time we recalibrated what we mean when we say a smartphone is “big”.
Who pays the most for their smartphones? We have compared global smartphone launch prices around the world to see who is paying the most for their flagship and mid-range handsets.
Who will be the first manufacturer to 7nm? Samsung, TSMC, Intel, and others are racing to be the first to produce 7nm processors for next-gen products, but who is the closest and far away are we?
#ThrowbackThursday – when Samsung ditched plastic Remember when Samsung seriously changed its design in order to shake things up and improve its reputation? Travel with us back to 2015, and the dawn of the Galaxy S6.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- The LG G6 is now available at all four major carriers in the US
- YouTube TV officially launches in five US cities for $35 a month
- OnePlus 3 and 3T touch latency problem fixed, says Carl Pei
- The next Call of Duty game will come from the makers of Candy Crush Saga
- Android version distribution: Nougat now on almost 5% of devices
- Galaxy S8 has the best smartphone display yet, according to DisplayMate
- LG on track to post second-highest operating profit in history
- Samsung predicting second-highest operating profits ever for Q1 2017
- Samsung ordered to pay HUAWEI $11 million over patent infringement
- You can remap the Bixby button to Google Assistant on the Galaxy S8
- LeEco reportedly couldn’t pay its US employees on time last month
- The first HUAWEI Watch actually has NFC, it’s just not switched on
- Samsung to focus on mobile and VR cameras, ditch digital cameras entirely
- Comcast reveals first details on its Xfinity Mobile wireless service
- The next Google Home speaker might add mesh Wi-Fi router capabilities
- Huge HTCU ‘Ocean’ specs and features leak reveals major device details
- Samsung’s Android alternative is a security disaster, says researcher
- Android 7.1.2 changelog includes battery usage alerts, connectivity improvements
- Get the Galaxy S8 launcher on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge (Nougat)
From our network
- Sonos PLAYBASE review [SoundGuys.com]
- The Mac Pro is finally getting a hardware refresh, all-new version coming in 2018 [TabTimes.com]
- Subpac M2 hands-on: does it really take VR audio to the next level? [VRSource.com]
- Best racing drones – the need for aerial speed [Charged.io]