Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we went hands-on with the new OPPO R15 Pro, talked about the ins and outs of Bixby on the Galaxy S9, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S9?
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is one of the hottest phones out right now, and we’re giving one away. Here’s how to enter this week’s Sunday giveaway.
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
OPPO R15 Pro hands-on: Notch too bad The OPPO R15 and R15 Pro compromise on small features but make up for them in a big way. Is it enough to make it a truly wonderful mid-range device?
6 alternatives to the smartphone notch The notch has become the most divisive trend of 2018, but who says it absolutely has to be on a phone?
Could your future smartphone be made of superwood? Popular smartphone materials now include metal and glass, with plastic mostly relegated to yesteryear. But now, a material we’ve seen already might be making a major comeback in the very near future: wood.
YouTube HQ shooter reportedly a creator who opposed video platform’s policies The YouTube HQ shooter, named as 39-year-old Nasim Aghdam, shot three people before turning the gun on herself.
Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S9: It’s not all bad Is Bixby even worth messing with, or can it really be the go-to assistant Samsung wants it to be? Let’s talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of Bixby on the Galaxy S9.
OnePlus 6 will have 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, and a Snapdragon 845 SoC Along with the teaser video from yesterday, CEO Pete Lau confirmed the processor, RAM, and storage for the OnePlus 6.
Google might launch a mid-range Pixel as part of India hardware push Google is planning to launch a variety of hardware in India, including a ‘mid-range Pixel’ and Home speakers, it has been reported.
Spreadtrum processors primer: What you need to know What should you expect from Spreadtrum processors? We put together a beginner’s guide to the company’s SoCs.
PUBG Mobile tips and tricks: How to survive and win a battle royale Want to be a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner? Here are seven tips to help you come out victorious in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on mobile.
We asked, you confirmed: Android notches are a no-go 50,000 votes made it official: If a phone has a notch, 75 percent of Android fans will either not buy it, or at the very least, really not like it.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- First Google Pixel 3 notice gets spotted in AOSP commit
- Google’s April 2018 Android security patch now available for download
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in the US receiving Android Oreo update
- LG now providing smartphone displays to HUAWEI
- Two mega-rich guys argue the best way to make money off you
- Twitter poised to kill all third-party apps like Plume and Talon
- New John Legend video filmed entirely on Pixel 2, looks amazing
- This phone has an insanely huge 11,000mAh battery
- Apple taking a page from Samsung’s playbook with iPhone gesture controls?
- Calm down, OnePlus 6 will let you cover up the notch after all
- Siri could soon threaten Assistant reign as Google AI head joins Apple
- Is OnePlus assembling an Avengers: Infinity War-themed OnePlus 6?
- Oh Snap, guess who BlackBerry is suing next?
- Samsung expects huge Q1 profit, and it’s not due to the Galaxy S9
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery coming April 25, stars original cast
From our network
- Sennheiser HD 598 CS review: Spacious fit, spacious sound [SoundGuys.com]
- Lost in Space could be Netflix’s first genuine family hit [DGiT.com]
- Best drones under $200: Better than just a toy drone [DroneRush.com]