This week we reviewed the Huawei P20 Pro and Oppo R15, brought you a first-hand look at the new Gmail redesign, and much more. Here’s the news of the week.
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Huawei P20 Pro review: The Galaxy S9 killer With the standards set by phones like the Galaxy S9 Plus and Pixel 2 XL, Huawei has a fight on its hands. Find out how its latest flagship stacks up in our Huawei P20 Pro review.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus vs Pixel 2 XL: Camera comparison The Samsung Galaxy S9 is finally out and now you are wondering which phone to get. As far as the competition goes, the Google Pixel 2 XL is one of the main contenders, so we just had to put these two against each other in a shootout.
Oppo R15 review: Notch what I was looking for The Oppo R15 Pro tries to tread in flagship territory while skipping a number of smaller features consumers will likely overlook. This is the Oppo R15 Pro review.
We launched our own dev school and our readers get 85% off! Android Authority is launching an Android App Developers course taught by Gary Sims! You get 85% off with our reader-exclusive code.
PUBG Mobile review: Does it live up to the original’s legacy? PUBG Mobile has become a big hit on Android, but how does it compare to the original? And is it worth playing? Find out in our PUBG Mobile review.
Some Android OEMs lied about applying security updates Phones with Mediatek chips are far more likely to hide missed security patches from users, the report found.
HiSilicon: What you need to know about Huawei’s chip design unit As Huawei’s global footprint expands, more and more customers are using HiSilicon processors. Here’s everything you need to know about the company.
What’s the point of a mid-range Pixel? A mid-range Pixel smartphone makes sense for the Indian market, especially if Google wants to fend off its competitors and grow its smart home ecosystem.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- LG will officially unveil AI-focused LG G7 ThinQ on May 2
- HP’s Chromebook x2 tablet is the $599 iPad Pro alternative you’ve always wanted
- Essential promises that its second phone’s camera won’t be hot garbage
- AOSP hints at new security update system for faster patches
- Xiaomi Black Shark is official: Here’s what’s up with Xiaomi’s first gaming phone
- Get ready to text from your desktop using Android Messages
- Case designs give us a full view of the OnePlus 6
- LG launches Software Upgrade Center for faster Android updates
- Alleged BlackBerry Athena renders show that the keyboard is here to stay
- Hate spam calls? Try the new Google Phone app beta
- The original Pixel and Pixel XL are no longer available on the Google Store
- Over 80% of teens don’t ‘Think different,’ prefer iPhone to Android
- Report: Huawei aiming for foldable phone first, eyeing November launch
- Xiaomi Mi 6X may arrive with beefy CPU, 20+12MP dual cameras
- Samsung facing $3 billion lawsuit for patent infringement
From our network
- JLab Epic Sport Wireless review: Decent sound, disappointing build [SoundGuys.com]
- Retro look back: The 15 greatest NES games of all time [DGiT.com]
- Small drone or big drone: What drone size is right for you? [DroneRush.com]