This week Samsung finally revealed the latest Galaxy Note devices, this time introducing an even larger 6.8-inch Galaxy Note 10 Plus model. Both devices have some impressive specs and new Superfast charge tech, but neither has a headphone jack. Those of us you with a long enough memory might remember that Samsung made fun of Apple for doing the same thing in a series of commercials, but those have now been scrubbed from Samsung’s official channels.
Huawei also made the news this week with the announcement of HarmonyOS and an early look at EMUI 10. Although many speculated that HarmonyOS would be an Android replacement, it’s actually an open-source platform for internet of things devices (for now, at least). The first device to launch with HarmonyOS is the Honor Vision, a 55-inch 4K television with a pop-up camera to make video calls.
It wasn’t all good news for Huawei, as President Trump announced that the licensing system lifeline given back in May would be cut off, returning to the same uncertain situation we were in a few months ago. Only time will tell whether or not Huawei and the United States will resume business as usual any time in the near future.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus hands-on: This one is different — The Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus are here. Do they bring enough value to the Note line?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: Haters gonna hate — This year’s Galaxy Note is different and not everyone likes it. What remains the same, however, is the Note’s divisive role.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Dex desktop mode: A look at what’s new — The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 supports Dex mode, but you no longer have to connect it directly to a monitor.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S Pen: Everything you need to know — The new Galaxy Note 10 series has arrived and so has the new S Pen. Here are all the new S Pen features!
- Is Samsung Superfast Charge as quick as the competition? — The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 supports 45W Superfast Charge technology, but will it charge up faster than rival flagships?
- Huawei EMUI 10 hands-on impressions: Snappy and subtly improved — We go hands-on with Huawei’s EMUI 10 beta, diving into what’s new and what’s changed.
- I made $50,000 from Android apps and you can too — Adam Sinicki explains how he earned $50,000 from Android apps as a developer and shares his tips and advice.
- Why is the Xiaomi Mi 9 so grossly underrated? — Dollar for dollar, there is no better value smartphone than the Xiaomi Mi 9. Here’s why!
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus vs Apple iPhone XS Max — We compare the two top flagship smartphones from Samsung and Apple: the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and the iPhone XS Max.
- Samsung Game Launcher: Everything to know about Samsung’s gaming suite — Samsung Game Launcher is one of the best ways to power up your mobile gaming experience.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week we went a bit overboard with three new episodes of the podcast! The first is all about the non-Note news of the week, including Pixel 4 rumors, Huawei’s HarmonyOS, and Disney’s aggressive new streaming platform.
In the second episode we dive into Samsung Unpacked and give our thoughts on everything Samsung announced (and didn’t announce) at the conference.
Finally, we take a trip to the past and revisit some of Team AA’s favorite Android phones throughout the years.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 3a and MNML case?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.