Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Tasker gets a new updated, adds massive laundry list of bug fixes and other changes
Over the weekend, Tasker received a new update that brings a laundry list of new features, bug fixes and minor tweaks.
So what’s new here? The update log lists well over a hundred+ new features, changes and bug fixes. Obviously we can’t cover everything in this update but some of the changes that stand out above the others include support for humidity sensors, alerts in Morse code, better KitKat SMS implementation.
Bottom-line, the newest version of Tasker might not introduce any killer features that will win over fans that have yet to give it a try the app, but if you enjoy Tasker or are at all intrigued by the idea of bringing powerful automation features to your Android devices — today’s update is a welcome change.
For those interested in the (massive) change-log you can find the full list via Tasker’s website, or here’s a slightly more abbreviated list of key features:
- state Humidity (where supported by hardware, untested)
- action Say: parameter Use Network: improves speech synthesis with some engines (API 15+)
- action Alert / Beep
- action Alert / Morse
- action List Files: added Use Root parameter (requires rooted device to use)
- permission RECEIVE_SMS for new Android 4.4+ SMS support
- state Cell Near, %CELL… vars: support for JellyBean+ cell info API
- task edit: added ‘paste below’ multi-select option when last item of task selected (and clipboard not empty)
- time context: variable specification possibility (not in beginner mode)
- time edit: improved layout for some devices
- settings actions: Dream Settings, NFC Settings, NFC Payment Settings, Android Beam
- action Scan Card: specifying a directory will recursively scan it
- state Wifi Near: support for ‘Scan always available’ (Android wifi setting)
- action Phone / Set SMS App (change default, Android 4.4+)
- Prefs / Data / Share
- Prefs / Data / Description
- action Set Timer (system timer) (KitKat+))
- action MIDI Play, userguide section on MIDI
- action edit: search menu option
- state Variable Value: multi conditions
- multiple If conditions in actions
- search: search names of installed plugins and show as features
- built-in local variable %priority, also to userguide
- action Load App: specific activity selection via long-click
- action Load App: -> Launch App
- action Search: added parameter for web search instead of local
- Profile Properties screen: help text for Restore Settings
- UI: plugin event category
- Prefs / Misc: Reduce Memory Usage option
- Prefs / Monitor / Use New Cell API
Anyone update to the newest version of Tasker? If so, are there any changes here that you feel truly stand out above the rest?