Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 receives update to Android 4.1.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 owners on the T-Mobile network will be receiving a software update soon. Before you get too excited, it’s not Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, but a minor update to Android 4.1.2, with the rollout already started, according to SamMobile. This may seem strange considering the device on all other networks was updated to this particular iteration with the rollout of the multi-window feature, but a similar update for the T-Mobile version didn’t change the number of the Android version from 4.1.1.
The good news is that the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is finally being updated to Android 4.1.2, and apart from general bug fixes and performance improvements, includes a host of new features, such as –
- New additions in notification toggles
- Notification panel can now be customized
- Brightness slider in notification panel can now be disabled
- Multi-view can now be disabled
- Browser is smoother than before
- Status bar has been changed from grey to black
- Continuous input in Samsung keyboard (similar to Swype or new Android 4.2 keyboard)
- New ink effect on lockscreen
- New Group Cast application
If you haven’t received the OTA notification yet, you can also try Settings – About Phone – Software Updates to see if it is available. If you’ve already updated your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.1.2, do share your experiences in the comments section below.