While Sprint is having a rough Galaxy S3 launch so far, with the device hitting stores only on July 1, the good news is that those customers that received their pre-ordered units should already be able to update their handsets.
Before you get too excited about the update, it’s not Jelly Bean, although an unofficial Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean port is already in the works, at least for the GSM international version of the handset.
We’re only looking at a security update, but the carrier would not share any more details on the matter. Here’s what Sprint posted on its Community forums yesterday afternoon:
Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Update – LF9Enhancements/Fixes:
- Security updateImportant Notes:
- Software version is: L710VPLF9
- Software update will be pushed to existing Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII customer [sic] on 6/29/12.
- New devices being activated will receive the Software Update after the completion of the Hands Free Activation process.
- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy SIII Software Updates for install instructions
Have you installed the update on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?