Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Sony Xperia miro unveiled, not the flagship Android phone you hoped for
Sony put up a teaser for a new Xperia handset on its Facebook page a few days ago that suggested that in about 10 days from now we’ll see a brand new Android smartphone get official.
Then, the company decided to speed up the process, by allowing fans to virtually travel in time by pressing a “fast forward” button to see the phone earlier than supposed to. Just as expected, the power of the social network worked in our favor and the phone has been unveiled well ahead of its time: the Sony Xperia miro.
Unfortunately for anyone expecting a new flagship Xperia device capable to fight against the Galaxy S3 or the HTC One X, you’re about to be disappointed. The miro is not a high-end device. Instead, it’s “all about helping you have fun.” The miro is a mid-ranged Android device that will come with plenty of Facebook integration. Here are the key features of the handset, as listed on the company’s Facebook page:
- A slim and stylish smartphone in a fun range of colours – black, black/pink, white, and white/gold colours
- Xperia with Facebook – easier and faster way to like, comment and share from your smartphone
- Unique illuminations for incoming messages and social updates
- 3.5-inch display for great browsing and entertainment experiences
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 5MP camera and brilliant quality video recording at 30fps
- video chat with friends using the front-facing camera
- Sony’s xLOUD audio technology for crisp and loud sound
- Easily view content on TV, tablet and PC thanks to DLNA contactless connectivity
- Large battery for longer usage
We don’t have any details regarding pricing and release dates for the miro, but we’ll be back as soon as Sony and its carrier partners are ready to make further announcements.
Anyone interested in the Sony Xperia miro?