Engadget have broken the news that Sony Ericsson are working hard burning the mid-night oil to develop an Android 3.0 device combining aspects of the PSP Go and the standard smartphone that we’ve come to take for granted. Sure, gaming has been steadily improving on Android thanks in large part to the faster processors and graphics rendering found on devices like the Samsung Galaxy S series. However, there is certainly a shed load of room for improvement. Ok, so let’s cut right to the meat of the storey.
- Landscape slider form-factor with game controls in place of the typical QWERTY keyboard
- Slide out offers D-Pad, standard PSP buttons and shoulder buttons and “long touch pad”
- Display is somewhere between 3.7 and 4.1 inches with at least a WVGA resolution
- At least a 1 Ghz Snapdragon
- Unconfirmed 5MP camera
- Android 3.0
- Access to Android Market (which might offer a whole new section of games for this type of device)