Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Sony Bravia Engine Ported to HTC Wildfire, Enhances Picture Quality
Who said that Sony Bravia Engine is only for Sony devices, Thanks tojamal2367 of XDA Developers Forum the pictures and videos of HTC Wildfire looks better than before, just look at the difference of the pictures below.
If you want to have that big improvement on the HTC Wildfire then just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- HTC Wildfire (rooted and root explorer installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the Sony_Bravia_Engine_-_Wildfire-v2.zip file on your computer.
- Then, extract it to a new folder, you should get the following files:
- System folder with ect folder inside.
- Edit this in Build.prop.txt
- Next, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Open the ect folder and copy the “be_movie” and “be_photo” to the system/etc folder on your phone. (use Root Explore app to do this)
- Go to the system/ folder on your phone and edit the build.prop file then add the text below in the end of the file then save.# Bravia Engine Service
- Finally, Reboot your phone.
Congratulations you have successfully hacked your HTC Wildfire to have a better pictures and videos, enjoy!