Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to allow Snapchat to access your phone's camera
Snapchat is a platform that requires access to your camera. The app’s primary purpose is to get you to take pictures of your surroundings and send them to friends. As such, you need to provide it with the correct permissions. Let’s go over how to allow camera access on Snapchat.
To allow camera access on Snapchat, go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Permissions. Find the Camera permission and toggle it on.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to allow Snapchat to access your iPhone’s camera
- Go to Settings.
- In Settings, scroll down and tap Snapchat.
- Under ALLOW SNAPCHAT TO ACCESS, tap the Camera toggle to allow Snapchat to access your camera.
How to allow Snapchat to access your camera on Android
You will need to go to your device’s settings to allow Snapchat to access your camera on an Android device. The quickest way to reach this would be to pull down the notification bar and tap the gear-shaped button in the top right.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Apps. If necessary, you may need to go to Manage Apps.
- Scroll through the list of your installed apps. Select Snapchat.
- Tap App permissions. This is sometimes labeled as Permissions.
- Tap Camera.
- Select either Allow only while using the app or Ask every time.
Why can’t I allow Snapchat to access my camera?
If Snapchat cannot access your camera, you may have denied it permission when you first ran the app. If this is the case, go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat. Enable the Camera permission.
If the option is not there, you may have an out-of-date version of the operating system. Your device may also not have a camera that works with Snapchat.