Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Smart Battery Saver App Review
Like the other Bitdefender apps, Smart Battery is a very simple application to use. It does most of the work for you and all you have to do is configure the settings to your taste. What this app does is change your settings to save you the maximum possible battery.
It does this by allowing you to configure a whole bunch of settings such as WiFi, mobile data, brightness, sync, Bluetooth, screen timeout, audio volume, and rotate. You can then configure a night time setting and a low battery setting that’ll help you squeeze every moment possible out of your battery.
Once you configure it you hit the settings button and active. This creates a profile. There are a few pre-built profiles for you to use if you’re lazy like me but you can also create about as many custom ones as you’ll ever need.
How can I use this?
So how can you use this app? As the name implies, you can use it to help you save battery. Now I know there’s really not much here you can’t do on your own. The problem is that doing it on your own is incredibly time consuming and you probably don’t want to tick all those settings on and off manually all day long and that’s where this app is truly helpful. Automating the process so you can just fire and forget.
So here’s what we liked.
- For a battery saver app, this is among the easiest we’ve ever used. The settings are easy to understand and the interface is set up really well.
- The app does actually work. It’s not as dramatic as saving you days of battery life but in our testing, we got a couple of extra hours out of the charge.
- The app is free, which means there’s no reason not to at least try it.
And here’s what we didn’t like so much.
- There isn’t anything really new here. Turning down the brightness, turning off mobile data, these are all time-honored battery saving tactics. It’s nice this app handles it for you in an easy to understand manner, but again, most of these are things that are known already.
- There are no root offerings. We know this app is meant for the general user, but there are some great battery saving function for root users and it would be nice to see those options incorporated into an easy interface like this one.
At the end of the day, this app does actually work. It won’t work miracles and increase your battery life by days, but with some aggressive configurations you could easily save a few hours and that can meanthe difference between charging at dinner and making it to the end of the day. If you’re having battery problems, do yourself a favor and try it out. It’s free so it can’t hurt.