If you missed all the excitement from yesterday’s Samsung Unpacked event at IFA 2012 in Berlin then don’t worry you can catch up with the news from the event in the video embedded at the end of this post.
You can also enjoy our hands-on coverage. Samsung’s magical unveiling included a few surprises. We learned about the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which is an improved version of the original “phablet”. Samsung also unveiled an Android camera, the Samsung Galaxy Camera is the first of its kind and it’s packed with features to enable amateur photographers to capture great shots and share them. Here’s our coverage on the headline releases:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 specs and features
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 review & first impressions
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 hands-on image gallery
- Samsung Galaxy Camera specs and features
- Samsung Galaxy Camera hands-on image gallery
Samsung wasn’t finished there, though – the final few rabbits out of the hat were all Windows 8 devices. There was the ATIV Smart PC and Smart PC Pro, both touchscreen tablets with keyboard attachments. Then there was the ATIV Tab, a straight tablet, and the Samsung Series 5 Ultra Touch which is an Ultrabook. The biggest surprise was the announcement of the first Windows Phone 8 smartphone – the Samsung ATIV S.
If you’re wondering how the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 stacks up against other devices then check out these comparisons.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs Galaxy Note (original)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs HTC One X
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs iPhone 4S
So what do you think? Excited about these Samsung announcements? Are any of these releases going to make it on to your shopping list?