Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 get Android 12? Late 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
October 1, 2021: Samsung is rolling out the latest update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 in South Korea, just days after the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 gained their October patches. According to SamMobile, the latest bump bears firmware version F916NKSU1DUI4 and brings the October 2021 Android security patch.
It’s unclear when other regions will receive the update. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
- September 24, 2021: The September patch rolled out alongside firmware F916BXXS2EUI for global Galaxy Z Fold 2 models.
- August 31, 2021: Samsung rolled out a major update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 in the form of One UI 3.1.1. The UI refresh for foldable phones, brought improved multitasking functionality, a dedicated taskbar, aspect ratio tweaks, and more. The August 2021 security update was also lumped in.
- July 26, 2021: The foldable phone received a key update that fixed Android Auto functionality for several users, according to SamMobile. The patch included the July security update with firmware version F916BXXU1DUF1.
- June 18, 2021: Samsung rolled out the June 2021 security patch, with firmware version F916USQS1DUE3.
- May 4, 2021: Samsung delivered the May 2021 security patch for the Galaxy Z Fold 2, according to All About Samsung. The update wore build number F916BXXU1DUDA and brought a Dual Recording to the front and rear cameras, improved Quick Share, and improved camera performance.
- March 15, 2021: The foldable received the March 2021 Android security patch. Per SamMobile, the update (firmware version F9160ZCS1DUC1) first rolled out in China with several fixes.
- January 20, 2021: Verizon rolled out stable Android 11 to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. It arrived with the December 2020 security patch rather than the January 2021 patch, however.
- January 11, 2021: Samsung finally pushed out a stable version of the One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. According to SamMobile, the Android 11-based update (version F916BXXU1CTLL) included the January 2021 security patch.
- December 3, 2020: A update with firmware version F916BXXS1BTK1 delivered the December 2020 security patch to the foldable.