Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy S3 launched in South East Asia
Finally, the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S3 was launched in Bandar Utama, Malaysia. Already pre-ordered more than 9 million times, the Galaxy S3 will take the glorious legacy of its predecessor one step further. After the launch, Samsung Malaysia was kind enough to drop us a brand new white Galaxy S3 to do an unboxing.
Designed for Humans, Inspired by Nature – the tagline of the worldwide Galaxy S3 launch speaks volumes of the 3rd iteration in the Galaxy S lineup. “It is a smartphone that’s designed to be effortlessly smart and intuitively simple,” said Mr. Kwon Jae Hoon, the Managing Director of Samsung Malaysia Electronics during the launch event. Samsung’s latest pride and joy emphasizes a human-centric design, meant to facilitate natural interactions. Natural elements like the wind, water, light, and stones have inspired the Korean designers into creating a clean device with smooth lines and a nice balance.
But it’s not all just looks. It’s smart enough to detect your face, voice, and motions, all at the same time. Here are the most important smart software features of the S3:
- Smart Stay – the phone’s screen maintains its brightness as long as users are viewing the screen
- S Voice – advanced voice recognition (including features that Siri doesn’t have)
- Direct Call – motion and proximity detection to automatically dial numbers
- Smart Alert – phone vibrates to notify you, when picked up
- S Beam – File transfer using NFC to WiFi Direct
- AllShare Play – file sharing between multiple devices (sort of like Google Docs)
- Burst Shot – captures up to 20 continuous shots
- Best Photo – captures 8 continuous shots, and recommends the best to you
Stay tuned for more fresh information on the Galaxy S3 including a series of hands-on videos!