Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note offered for free by major carriers in Canada
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best-selling Android smartphones on the market, and for good reason. The S3 has a gorgeous larger-sized display and many premium features that beat out many of its competitors. What could make the Galaxy S3 even better? What if it was free? Rogers, Bell Telus and Virgin Mobile are about to grant that wish to those in the Canadian market.
Starting this weekend the Galaxy S3 16GB will be completely free with a three year contract, and the 32GB model will be yours for just $49.99. For those of you that need a reminder on the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S3, here’s the list:
- Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133g
- 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280×720 (306ppi)
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- TouchWiz with Motion UX
- S Beam
- AllShare Play enhance functionality
- MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player
If the Samsung Galaxy Note is more up your alley, there is a deal on it as well. Samsung’s original phablet can be yours for free through Bell and Telus. Rogers customers will need to pay $49.99 with a three year contract. The price slash on the first-generation Note is more than likely a move to reduce inventory in time for the Galaxy Note 2.
So how long does the promotion last? Just through the weekend, it seems. Internal documents point to October 1st as the end date for all of the carriers. Any Canadian readers thinking about picking up the S3 or Note through this promotion?