Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G discounted at Best Buy, goes for $99.99 with T-Mobile contract
We talked quite a lot about the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G before its launch on September 19, but ever since then we didn’t hear much about the 4-inch slider. Despite equipping it with a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Krait CPU, Sammy didn’t manage to draw many tech users towards the mid-ranger, with the $150 on-contract price tag being slightly prohibitive.
Fortunately, one online retailer noticed the phone’s potential and decided to give it a price trim in order for some of that pre-release excitement to return. We aren’t sure if Best Buy managed to do so just yet, but we are pretty certain that you’ll be making a good deal if you choose to purchase the Relay for $99.99.
The trimmed price is good for both new T-Mobile customers and existing ones wanting to upgrade or add a line, so that’s another reason to consider Best Buy’s special offer. You will be asked to sign up to a two-year carrier agreement no matter which road you choose to go down to, while if you want to break free from contract restrictions you’ll still have to pay an arm and a leg ($549.99).
This is the second high-end-ish phone we’re seeing discounted today, after AT&T’s Motorola Atrix HD, which is available via Amazon Wireless for a penny. And while overall that deal still looks better, given that the Atrix is both cheaper and snappier, the Galaxy S Relay 4G does have one ace up its sleeve – the functionality plus of that slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Here are the detailed tech specs of the phone to ensure you’re making the most informed decision regarding the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G for T-Mobile:
- 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels resolution and 233 ppi pixel density
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8260A processor with Adreno 225 GPU
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of internal memory
- MicroSD and microSDHC support for expanding the storage with up to 32 GB
- 5 MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3 MP front-facing webcam
- Android 4.0 ICS with TouchWiz UI (no word on a Jelly Bean upgrade just yet)
- 1,800 mAh battery supposedly capable of running for up to 10 hours of talk time
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 3.0
- HSDPA, HSUPA
- Full 5-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- 147 grams weight
- 126 x 66 x 13.5 mm dimensions
There’s no end date on Best Buy’s website for the offer, but seeing as this is a web-only deal, we’re guessing it won’t last long. Hurry up and get it while you still can, and then tell us if this is actually the best slider phone on the market, as some say.