Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 arrives in South East Asia, to be available starting October 19 in Malaysia
Samsung has finally brought the hotly anticipated Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to South East Asia and Malaysia in particular. The 5.5-inch smartphone running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be available starting October 19 for RM2299.
The Note 2 is Samsung’s follow up to the original Galaxy Note, which sold about 10 million units worldwide. The Note 2, which comes with better multitasking and new features, is expected to enable new levels of creativity on the go.
According to Mr. Kwon Jae Hoon, the Managing Director of Samsung Malaysia, “the Galaxy Note launched last year carved a new category of smart mobile devices. This year, we are proud to introduce the Galaxy Note 2, a device infused with capabilities to help people unleash their creativity at work or at leisure.”
The new device boast better viewing experiences with its 16:9 ratio, 5.5” HD Super AMOLED Plus display, as well as a new and improved S Pen. Like the European version of the Galaxy Note 2, the first batch of the smartphone will ship in South East Asia without Multi Window, and will subsequently receive the feature via OTA updates.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 specifications:
- HSPA+ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps)
- 1.6GHz Quad Core Processor
- 5.5” (140.9mm) HS Super SAMOLED (1,280×720, 264ppi)
- Android 4.1 (Jellybean)
- 16GB user memory
- 2GB ram
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI
- 1.9MP VT Camera, BSI
- Best Photo, Best Face, Low light shot
- A-GPS, Glonass
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wifi Direct
- Support up to 64GB microSD
- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4mm, 180g
- 3100mAH Li-ion Battery
- 3.5mm ear jack
- S Pen – S Note, S Planner, S Pen Keeper, Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper Artist
- Air View
- Pop Up Note, Pop Up Video
- Shape Match, Formula Match
- S Beam
- Samsung AllShare Play/Control/Cast/Framework
- Smart Stay, Direct Call, Quick Glance