Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Safetrap Recovery for Droid 4
If you have rooted your Motorola Droid 4 then the next thing you will do is to install a recovery so that you can Flash custom ROMs. Lucky for you we have found a simple method on how to install recovery on you phone using the Droid4Safestrap.apk. Thanks to Hashcode of XDA Developers Forum.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Motorola Droid 4 (rooted)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the Droid4Safestrap-1.09.apk on your computer.
- Then, Connect your phone to the computer.
- Next, copy the Droid4Safestrap-1.09.apk on your phone.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- On your phone search the apk file your copied and install it.
- After the installation, open the Droid4Safestrap application and select “allow” to grant the phone root access.
You have successfully installed the Safestrap recovery on your Motorola Droid 4.To access the recovery just follow the steps below.
- First, turn off your phone.
- Then, turn it on. Wait for the Safestrap logo then press the menu button to enter the Safestrap recovery.
- Next, Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- After that go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Safestrap recovery and did a Nandroid Backup.