Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Motorola DROID Mini, Ultra and Maxx now getting Android 4.4.4
Android 4.4.4 has been making its way to devices across the world for almost a month, and now it’s time for the latest devices in the Motorola DROID lineup to join the party. The Motorola DROID Mini, Ultra and Maxx Android 4.4.4 change logs are now live in Verizon’s website.
These change logs going live usually means an update is ready to roll. You can expect your OTA update notifications to start popping up very soon, if they haven’t already. Changes across the whole portfolio will be few, as expected, but we do get some interesting additions.
Android 4.4.4 improvements
- Stability, framework and security improvements
- Bluetooth connectivity has been improved
- Improved camera picture quality
- Improved photos in fluorescent lighting
- Enhanced dynamic range
- Ability to pause video recording
- Offers pause/resume button on the viewfinder
- The latest versions of VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail have been added.
- ISIS Wallet Mobile app has been added
This is not a huge update, but it does bring more than we expected. The original Android 4.4.4 update has less changes. Of course, this is because Verizon has added its small changes, as well. We may consider those bloatware, but they are here to stay.
Also, all three devices do get the same changes and improvements, so no need to worry about a thing. Software version 21.11.21 will be here soon, so stay tuned to your notification bar or go check for new updates. Don’t forget to let us know if the update has shown up for you! We would love to see how well it is working for you, or if it comes with any issues.