Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Motorola Droid A855 Gets ICS Custom ROM [Download and Install]
Waiting for an Ice Cream Sandwich update? well, wait no more thanks to kfazz of XDA Developers Motorola Droid A855 users can now experience ICS. This is not an official update so that means some of its functions are not working. Here are some of the screenshots.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Motorola Droid A855 ( rooted and have installed custom recovery)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-SHOLES-CDMA-KANG-signed.zip to your computer
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using the USB Data cable.
- Next, copy the file you have downloaded to the root directory of your SD card.
- Once you’ve finished copying the files, disconnect your phone to your computer.
- Turn off your phone, and go to recovery.
- When you’re in Clockworkmod Recovery make a Nandroid Backup just incase something goes wrong, you can restore it back easily. To do this, from the main menu select Backup and Restore> Nandroid Backup.