Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Deal of the day: Motorola Atrix HD available for a penny from Amazon Wireless
Motorola has been a sort of an Android black sheep these past few days, making a couple of announcements that have put the Google subsidiary under public scrutiny for all the wrong reasons.
First we heard about the Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launches being pushed back to the end of the year due to problems with the placement of the phone’s antennas (aka “death grip”). Then Moto itself revealed that there will be no Ice Cream Sandwich updates for the Atrix 4G, Electrify and Photon 4G, three not so old phones that everyone expected to be upgraded at some point.
We know that bad things always come in threes, so it was only a matter of time until Moto closed the circle. However, just when we expected the Razr maker to strike out, they got back in the game with a home run.
The Atrix HD, the best Moto smartphone on AT&T, has been heavily discounted by Amazon Wireless, being now offered for the symbolical price of a penny. The 4.5-incher might not be as snappy and good-looking as the Razr HD, but it’s still a very cool high-end(ish) handheld released just a couple of months ago.
Amazon’s special offer is that much cooler given that you can purchase the Atrix HD for just $0.01 no matter if you’re a new AT&T customer or an existing one wanting to upgrade or add a line to an account. Of course, you will be asked to sign up to a 24-month carrier agreement either way, but this is still one heck of a deal.
Still don’t trust us when we’re telling you the Atrix HD is one fine piece of technology and that you won’t regret getting it? Take a look at its spec sheet below and see for yourselves:
- 4.5-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and 326 ppi pixel density
- Corning Gorilla Glass and splash resistant surface
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Krait processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of internal storage
- MicroSD support for expanding the memory with an additional 32 GB
- 8 MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3 MP front-facing webcam
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich recently updated to version 4.0.4; upgrade to Jelly Bean “coming soon”
- 1,780 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- HSDPA, HSUPA, 4G LTE
- 140 grams weight
- 133.5 x 69.9 x 8.4 mm dimensions
- Available in white and black
There’s no expiration date mentioned by Amazon for the special offer, and, while we don’t think the deal will end very soon, we would advise you to hurry up and get an Atrix HD as the stocks could be limited. Are you planning to do that? Why? Why not?