It’s been a long time coming, but it seems that for users of the Motorola Atrix 2, the update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich may already be on its way. Users who are signed up for soak tests are beginning to receive the update today.
While just a few days ago, we were worried that the Motorola Atrix 2 wouldn’t be getting an update until next year, this soak test does bring some hope that the full roll-out may be sooner than we thought. While Motorola’s site still just says “Further plans coming soon,” it’s possible that they simple haven’t updated yet.
Here is the text of the message that some users are receiving:
Thanks for signing up for the Atrix 2 software test. Our apologies for the delay in starting this test! The software will begin to be pushed out later this afternoon; however, it may take several hours for all targeted devices to receive the update.
We’re eager to hear your feedback. Please share your experience on the private community provided, and via the survey I will send out after you’ve had some time to work with the software.
To ensure we hear you, please follow these guidelines:
- Please post all your feedback in our private community (link below). This also where you’ll find help during the soak.
- Please do not call or contact Motorola, AT&T or your carrier support for help during the soak. Those teams are not yet ready to support this software.
- I’m not able to check private messages on the forums during soaks, so if you need immediate help that’s not a good route to take. Post in the community instead.
- If you have any problems accessing the private community, please click here for help.
- Please do not post questions publicly, on our site or elsewhere.
Please start your visit to the private community here. You’ll find additional important information in the Welcome message as soon as you sign in. (Note that you will not be able to post in the public communities during the soak test.)
Thanks so much for your participation! We really appreciate your time and insights.
Are you signed up for soak tests from Motorola? If so, the update could be on its way soon. Have you got your update yet?