Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Next-gen keyboard Minuum raises over $87,000
Maybe you’ve heard of Minuum, the mobile keyboard that condenses all letters into a single row, allowing you more precious screen real estate. Now, almost 10,000 Indiegogo supporters later, it has raised over $87,000. Originally, the goal was to raise $10,000, which was almost quadrupled in two days. From there, they added a stretch goal of $60,000. After another few days, that goal was also met.
At first glance, great accuracy with Minuum may sound impossible. In the video below, CEO of Whirlscape and lead designer Will Walmsley, demonstrates just how accurate it really is.
Here is how Minuum sets to improve typing:
- Recovering more than half of the usable touchscreen space you lose when you type on traditional virtual keyboards
- Allowing you fast text entry
- Providing you with letter magnification for precise typing—especially useful if you have large fingers
- Giving you the benefit of smart auto-correction
- Respecting your familiarity with the QWERTY keyboard so you don’t have to re-learn the keyboard layout
- Providing convenient access to everything you’d expect in a keyboard (such as, punctuation, space, backspace, and enter) without stealing your screen space
- Letting you type anywhere—the keyboard you can move around your touchscreen
Interestingly, the keyboard can also be utilized with wearable devices on different textures, as well as game controllers. Android supporters of Minuum will receive beta access in June, while iOS developers, and those interested in the wearable development kit, can expect access later this year.