Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Minecraft Pocket Edition updated with infinite worlds, new biomes, and more
Minecraft Pocket Edition has always been a slimmed down incarnation of its popular brother, but the latest update to Mojang’s mobile block-buster has brought the Android version a big step closer to the full experience.
This release focuses around enhancing exploration and stuffing more content into the world. You can now wander as far off into the horizon as you like, thanks to infinite worlds. Caves, mineshafts, and villages have all now made their way into the Pocket Edition too. There is a host of new biomes taken from the PC versions, new mobs, and items too.
Here is a copy of the full changelog:
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
If you are thinking about picking up the axe for the first time, or if this update has enticed you to get back into Minecraft, you can grab Minecraft Pocket Edition for $6.99 on the Play Store.