Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Link Bubble released for Android, improves the way links in apps are opened
After an initial delay, Chris Lacy — the developer behind apps such as ActionLauncher — has now released a brand app designed to improve the way the way we interact with web links found in Android apps. Dubbed Link Bubble, the new app is essentially a web browser handles opening website links that you click on from within another app.
So what exactly does Link Bubble do that makes it so special?
Typically, if you click on a link found within in an app, you are automatically taken out of the app and into your web browser. From there you’ll have to wait for the page to fully load before you can do anything. With Link Bubble, a chat-head-like icon shows up when you first press the link from within an app. This means that Link Bubble is loading up the page in the background, but you are free to continue using your current app.
For those of us with a fast connection, this might not be as much of a problem, but it’s still a useful trick. Aside from this, Link Bubble also allows you to click on multiple links from within an app and load all them in the background. This is particularly useful for apps like Feedly, where you can have several articles pre-loaded in the background while you continue to look through the list.
Find a link within an app that looks interesting but you don’t want to look at it just yet? You can drag the loading link over to the Pocket icon, which allows you to store the links for reading later. Unfortunately, this is the only read-it-later platform supported, but it’s still a welcome feature.
That’s just a taste of some of the key features that Link Bubble is capable of. Here’s a full-change log to give you an even better idea:
- When you click on a link in an app, Link Bubble loads that webpage in the background, leaving you free to keep using your current app rather than your precious time being wasted watching a page load. Once the page has fully loaded, it will animate on screen.
- Link Bubble’s flick physics allow you to go from clicking a link to sharing a link or adding it a service such as Pocket in little more than a second!
- Load multiple links from your current app at the same time (requires Pro).
- Gracefully handling links that redirect to other apps. No longer does clicking an Instagram link in Twitter redirect to a full screen browser before loading Instagram!
- Deep integration with the apps on your system.
- Locates embedded YouTube videos on web pages, and provides a shortcut to load those videos directly in the YouTube app.
- Handy stats that illustrate how much time you are saving by using Link Bubble.
Link Bubble is available right now from Google Play, with a base version offered for free.