Now it’s time to give Lenovo the spotlight. We were able to get some time with Lenovo as they showed off their S2 Smartphone and S2 Tablet yesterday, and we have plenty of pictures for you. Lenovo announced early Monday morning – for those of us on the east coast, their S2 Android lineup which at this point consists of a smartphone and a tablet. This is Lenovo’s first step into the Android system, at least that the public knows about.
So let’s get straight into it, before we get to the best part – the pictures of course – let’s give you a quick run down of the specs for Lenovo’s S2 Smartphone:
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor
- Lenovo Magic 3.0 UI (Android 2.3 – Gingerbread)
- 3.8-inch 800×480 TFT display
- 8MP camera and .3MP VGA front facing camera
- 512MB RAM for devices with 8GB internal storage
- 1GB RAM for devices with 16GB internal storage
- Micro USB port
- HDMI and MHL Connectivity
- 1500mAh battery
So who’s interested? For Lenovo’s first Android offering it looks pretty promising, but unlike most of the other devices we have seen at CES so far, this one does not have a dual-core processor running it. But it does have a more powerful single-core processor running at 1.4GHz, but we all know dual-core is better right?
Special Thanks to Darcy LaCouvee, Android Authority’s Founder, for sending us these pictures from CES.