Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Deal: Learn ethical hacking from scratch course for just $19
The AA Picks team is on the prowl for things we think our readers will value. If we make an affiliate partnership to reduce the costs of purchases, then we may see a share of revenue.
Android fans have always been more on the tech-savvy side of things, but have you ever had the desire to become one of those guys who walks through digital walls and bends networks to their will? Fortunately becoming a total geek BAMF has never been easier thanks to online courses.
We’ve recently learned that our readership is very interested in learning Android development, and their response to the online courses we’ve researched, tested, and reviewed has been particularly positive. We’ve decided to branch out and see if there are other IT related courses that you might enjoy. After polling some readers, this ethical hacking course quickly rose to the top of the ranks.
This online class assumes that you don’t know anything at all about networks or hacking. You’ll start at the very basics of learning how to set up your own Linux-based environment. By the time you complete the course, you’ll be an intermediate-level hacker with the skillset to grow your knowledge from there. In essence, you’ll get over that initial hump of difficulty that keeps so many people from exploring this field of interest.
The course is conducted by veteran hacker Zaid Sabih and consists of 11.5 hours of video spanning 126 lectures.
Who is this course for?
“Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch” is an excellent option for anyone who wants to learn more about cyber security. You’ll gain understanding on how black hat hackers might attempt to pry into your private data, and you’ll be able to set up better safeguards to protect against it. In a world where security is becoming an escalating concern and hackers are more abundant than ever before, this skillset is incredibly valuable.
Indeed, you may find that the things you learn from this course, in addition to your further development into a security expert, could potentially open up career opportunities as the field is a growing industry.
What do you need going in?
Although the course assumes that you don’t know anything about hacking, you will need to have some very basic IT skills going in. Sabih moves quickly through the initial stages to arrive at the meatier lessons, so less tech-savvy students may need to do some additional reading to keep pace.
You’ll also need an external wireless card to complete the wifi cracking section. Although it’s not strictly necessary, it’s preferable that this card support injection such as Alfa cards.
What will you learn?
This course is surprisingly comprehensive and covers the following topics:
- Learn exactly what hacking is, ethical hacking and different types of hackers
- Learn about the different fields of ethical hacking
- Set up a lab environment to practice hacking
- Install Kali Linux – a penetration testing operating system
- Install windows & vulnerable operating systems as virtual machines for testing
- Learn linux basics
- Learn linux commands and how to interact with the terminal
- Learn Network Penetration Testing
- Network basics & how devices interact inside a network
- A number of practical attacks that can be used without knowing the key to the target network
- Control connections of clients around you without knowing the password.
- Create a fake Wi-Fi network with internet connection & spy on clients
- Gather detailed information about clients and networks like their OS, opened ports …etc.
- Crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryptions using a number of methods.
- ARP Spoofing/ARP Poisoning
- Launch Various Man In The Middle attacks.
- Gain access to any account accessed by any client in your network.
- Sniff packets from clients and analyse them to extract important info such as: passwords, cookies, urls, videos, images ..etc.
- Discover open ports, installed services and vulnerabilities on computer systems
- Gain control over computer systems using server side attacks
- Exploit buffer overflows and code execution vulnerabilities to gain control over systems
- Gain control over computer systems using client side attacks
- Gain control over computer systems using fake updates
- Gain control over computer systems by backdooring downloads on the fly
- Create undetectable backdoors
- Backdoor normal programs
- Backdoor any file type such as pictures, pdf’s …etc.
- Gather information about people, such as emails, social media accounts, emails and friends
- Use social engineering to gain full control over target systems
- Send emails from ANY email account without knowing the password for that account
- Read, write download, upload and execute files on compromised systems
- Capture key strikes on a compromised system
- Use a compromised computer as a pivot to gain access to other computers on the same network
Where’s that price tag?
The course is normally fairly pricey at $180. However, there’s currently a promotional offering going on that appears to be intended to increase student enrollment. Currently there are over 6,000 students enrolled in this 4.5-star rated course, and the majority of them had to fork over the full $180. However, you can currently get lifetime access to all the course material for just $19. If within 30 days you decide the course isn’t for you, Sabih offers a full refund.
If you’ve ever been interested in learning more about security and hacking, this is one of the most affordable opportunities we’ve come across. Click the link below to take advantage of this offer. Let us know if you would be interested in more courses like this in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to track down some deals!
Coupon code: UDEMY1119
Disclosure: This offer is brought to you by AA Picks. Our purpose is to highlight products or services we think you as our readers might be interested in and, if you buy them, we may get a share of the revenue. We operate independently from our advertising sales team, and we welcome your feedback and questions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.