Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
HTC Inspire 4G: Installing Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.5
If you want a fully optimized and stable Android 2.3.5 custom ROM with HTC Sense 3.5 on top on your HTC Inspire 4G, then you have come to the right place. We have a step-by-step guide on how to install the Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 ROM to your HTC Inspire 4G.
XDA Developers member mike1986 shares a custom ROM that is based on RUU firmware 1.05.401.4 for the HTC Sensation XL. The developer ported the firmware to the HTC Inspire 4G, and now, you can enjoy Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread plus HTC Sense 3.5 on your HTC Inspire 4G, too.
Aside from Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.5, other notable features you can gain through Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 include the following:
- Fully optimized and tweaked Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5 on top
- Enhance SD card speed
- Bloatwares removed
- Improved battery life
- Improved camera performance
- Mutilanguage support including Arabic and Hebrew
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Updated system applications
- Fast and stable
- and many more
If you want to enjoy a fully optimized and stable Android 2.3.5 custom ROM with HTC Sense 3.5 on top, read through our guide on how to install the Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 ROM to your HTC Inspire 4G.
- HTC Inspire 4G, rooted and with S-OFF.
- Manually install/sideload 4EXT Recovery Updater to your phone. After installing the app, launch it and use the app to download and flash 4EXT Recovery Touch to your phone.
- Maintain a battery level of 50% or more (full charge recommended).
- Backup all important personal phone data.
- These instructions are intended for use only with the HTC Inspire 4G. Using these instructions on another device may result in damage.
- Flash the ROM at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your HTC Inspire 4G.
- Download the following ZIP files to your computer and do notextract the ZIP files:
- Using your USB cable, connect your HTC Inspire 4G to the computer.
- Copy the two ZIP files to the phone’s SD card. Do not place the files inside a folder on your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Switch off your mobile phone and reboot into recovery mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously until recovery boots. Or, as an alternative, you can use the 4EXT Recovery Updater app on your phone to reboot directly to recovery without using any key combo. Just open the app, tap “Power Menu”, select “Reboot into recovery”, and tap “OK”.
- In recovery mode, tap on Backup | Restore > Backup and create a backup of your ROM.
- After backing up, return to main recovery menu.
- Select install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card, browse for the Super Wipe file, tap the file to select it, and confirm the action to begin flashing the file to your phone.
- Flash the Android Revolution ZIP package in the same manner as in step 8.
- Once installation is done, return to the main menu and reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 ROM, bringing Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and HTC Sense 3.5 on your HTC Inspire 4G.