Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 officially announced
While Sony and Samsung might be stealing a lot of the IFA thunder, Huawei is also here at IFA and has just unveiled its latest flagship, the Ascend Mate 7.
The latest member of the Mate family features a big 6-inch full-HD display, and a slimmer 7.9mm body. The Mate 7 packs a Huawei Kirin 925 CPU, powered by four A15 1.8GHz cores and four A7 1.3GHz cores. The different configurations are activated dependent on the power needs of a specific app or function.
Here’s a rundown of all the main specs:
- Display: 6-inch FHD IPS LCD display, 368PPI
- CPU: Kirin 925 CPU – 4 x A15 1.8 GHz quad-core and 4 x A7 1.3 GHz
- GPU: Mail T628
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB with microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Rear cam: 13MP CMOS camera
- Front cam: 5MP CMOS camera
- Battery: 4100 mAh Li-Polymer
- Dimensions: 157mm x 81mm x 7.9mm
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Compass, G-sensor, Gyroscope, Hall sensor, GPS / AGPS
- Fingerprint scanner integrated
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC support
- LTE Cat 6 support
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Colors: Obsidian black, Moonlight silver, Amber gold
In addition to utilizing a fingerprint scanner, Huawei says the phone can support up to five sets of different fingerprint records, in both normal and guest modes. For added security, the encrypted data of the fingerprints are kept within the chipset using ARM TrustZone.
Turning to the software, the Ascend Mate 7 features EMUI 3.0, the latest version of Huawei’s user interface. Some of the changes here include a brand new look and a new timeline design that is said to provide “enhanced consistency and usability across various apps”. We’ll be going hands-on with the Ascend Mate 7 a bit later in order to give you an even better idea of what this handset brings to the table.
The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 will be available in more than 30 countries including China, Germany, the UK, Italy, France and Spain. The phone is expected to set users back around 499 euros, or about $651. No word on if this one will officially be sold in the US or not.