Thanks to enthusiasts and third-party developers, you can now enjoy faster performance on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smart phone with the Speed ROM, which is fast, stable, and based on build XXJVQ of Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. The ROM doesn’t only boast rock solid performance but is also visually appealing.
Some of Speed ROM’s features include:
- Deodexed and Zipalign
- Semaphore 1.3.3 Kernel
- ClockWorkMod Recovery
- Default EXT4, Default Lag Fix
- Theme Sensation by Crysis
- Launcher TouchWiz 4
- Camera hacked
- Lockscreen menu (included in the settings)
It also has preloaded apps such as:
- Latest Market application
- Updated Browser
- Two fantastic clock widgets
- Other apps and indispensable stock apps
Step-by-step Guide for Installing Speed ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S
Installing this ROM requires your Galaxy S to be on the XXJVQ firmware. You can check which firmware version your phone is running on by checking in Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version.
In case you don’t have this firmware yet, you need to install it. Installing this firmware requires you to root your phone. The XXJVQ firmware is not an official update from Samsung but is a custom ROM released by a third-party developer.
If your Samsung Galaxy S is already on the XXJVQ firmware, you may now proceed to installing the Speed ROM using the following steps:
- Download the Speed ROM from here and save the ZIP file to your computer. Do not extract the ZIP file’s contents.
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Copy the ZIP file to the internal SD card of your phone. Do not rename or modify the file, so as to prevent issues of compatibility. Also, do not place the ZIP file too deep into subfolders or else the phone will not be able to detect it. The recommended location for saving the ZIP file is in the root directory of the SD card.
- Disconnect your phone.
- Restart your phone in Recovery mode. Do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up button and OK (Home) button together. Then, without releasing the two buttons, press the Power Button. Your phone will boot into recovery mode.
- In Recovery Mode, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Reboot your device by selecting the Reboot System Now option.
- If the phone boots into the normal mode again, try to get it back into Recovery Mode.
- As soon as you enter Recovery Mode again, select “install zip from SD Card” and press the Power button.
- Select “choose zip from SD card.” This will display various ZIP files in your root folder, along with other files and folders.
- From the list, select GalaxyS_SpeedRom.zip. It will start installing Speed ROM, which may take 6-8 minutes.
- After installing Speed ROM, don’t wipe the cache partition or you will lose the add-on applications bundled with the ROM.
- Once the update process has completed, you will return to the recovery screen.
- Choose “++++Go Back++++” to get back to the main menu and then choose to “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
Speed ROM has now been installed on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Enjoy the benefits of using Speed ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S.