Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to hide the taskbar in Windows 10 and 11
While a lot of people leave the Windows taskbar on for convenience, you can make it temporarily disappear when it isn’t needed, maximizing desktop space. Below we’ve got separate instructions for the option in both Windows 10 and 11.
In Windows 11, right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings. Open the Taskbar behaviors drop-down menu and check Automatically hide the taskbar.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to automatically hide the taskbar in Windows 11
- Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings, or go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
- Open the Taskbar behaviors drop-down menu.
- Check Automatically hide the taskbar.
With this option on, you can access the taskbar at any time by bringing your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen.
How to automatically hide the taskbar in Windows 10
- Right-click the taskbar.
- In the right-click menu, select Taskbar settings.
- Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode. Optionally you can toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode, but you’ll want a mouse or trackpad every time that’s active.