Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel your BritBox subscription
Britbox is one of the best options for those looking to watch UK television shows but it’s not for everyone. Maybe you’re jumping to Acorn TV, or perhaps you are getting enough UK content from traditional streamers. Whatever your reason, we’ll show you how to cancel Britbox in this short guide.
THE SHORT ANSWER
Regardless of what device you use, you'll want to use your web browser to cancel your Britbox subscription. The only exception to this is if you signed up using your iPhone or Android device directly. If you signed up through your phone, you'll want to skip the first section to learn what steps you need to take instead.
How to cancel your Britbox membership from your browser
Regardless of what device you use, you’ll want to use your web browser to cancel your Britbox subscription. The only exception to this is if you signed up using your iPhone or Android device directly. If you go that route, you’ll want to skip on to one of the next two sections.
- Sign into your account at Britbox.com.
- Open the account by clicking on your name in the upper right of the screen.
- Click on Account Details.
- Next you’ll click on Subscription.
- Find the Your Plan section towards the left-hand side, where you’ll also see your renewal date.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- You’ll be asked why you’re leaving and if you’re sure. Hit Cancel Subscription once more and all is done!
How to cancel your Britbox membership on an iPhone
As already mentioned, you need to use the web if you plan to cancel your Britbox membership. The only two exceptions are for those who subscribed through the iPhone or an Android device. If you’re reading this section, you’re in the former group. The process is actually really easy:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on your name when the new screen pops up.
- Another pop-up will appear with more options. Select Subscriptions.
- Choose Britbox.
- It’ll ask you if you’re sure you want to cancel and give you the chance to back out. Click on Cancel Subscription. That’s it. You’re done!
How to cancel your Britbox membership on Android
If you subscribed directly from your Android phone you’ll need to cancel Britbox by going into your Google Play subscriptions. The process is relatively simple:
- First you’ll open the Google Play app.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- A new menu appear, click on Payments & Subscriptions.
- Yet another menu will open up, select Subscriptions.
- You’ll be presented with a list of your subscriptions, click on the one labeled Britbox.
- Another menu will pop up, hit Cancel Subscription after scrolling to the very bottom of the screen.
- You’ll be given one more warning asking if you really want to cancel. Hit continue.
(Note: Since we subscribed via the web, we weren’t able to get exact screenshots for the iPhone/Android Britbox app processes above, but the steps are identical).