Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel your NordVPN subscription
VPNs offer advantages like extra security and access to media in other countries, but they also represent another fee in an age of subscription services. If you don’t really need NordVPN anymore, cancellation methods depend on how you subscribed.
Web-based NordVPN subscriptions can be cancelled via the Billing section of my.nordaccount.com. People who subscribed via the Android app need to cancel through the Google Play Store, while those who paid via the iPhone/iPad app need to open iOS Settings and go to Your name > Subscriptions.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to cancel your subscription on the NordVPN website
This option applies only to people who subscribed via their computer and/or the web.
- Visit my.nordaccount.com and log in.
- Click Billing, then Subscriptions.
- Next to Auto-Renewal, click Manage.
- Select Cancel auto-renewal.
How to cancel your NordVPN subscription on Android
If you paid for a subscription via the Android app, you’ll have to cancel via the Google Play Store.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play app and tap on your profile icon.
- Select Payments and subscriptions.
- Under Subscriptions, select your NordVPN plan, then tap Cancel subscription.
How to cancel your NordVPN subscription on an iPhone or iPad
Subscriptions bought in the iPhone/iPad app are funneled through the Apple App Store, so like Google, you’ll have to use the company’s subscription management tools.
- Open the Settings app and tap on your name/Apple ID.
- Select Subscriptions, then your NordVPN plan.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If the button’s not immediately visible, you might have to scroll down a bit.
How to get a refund from NordVPN
First, be aware of restrictions. You can only obtain a refund within 30 days of paying for a plan, and you can’t get one for an auto-renewal if you cancel after the renewal takes effect. In other words, be sure to cancel as soon as possible once you’ve made the decision to split — your subscription should still be good for the duration you’ve already paid for.
In most cases, if you qualify for a refund, you’ll have to contact NordVPN’s customer support system. The company offers email and live chat options depending on what’s more convenient for you. iPhone and iPad subscribers need to contact App Store support, and are subject to that platform’s rules.
You can cancel at any time, but there’s a limited window in which to claim a refund, as noted above.
Yes, and you should cancel before the end of your 30-day trial period if you don’t plan to become a recurring customer.