Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel your MyFitnessPal subscription
A MyFitnessPal Premium account gives users more control over macronutrient monitoring, additional food analysis, and more. It’s an excellent tool to better your diet one meal at a time, and one of the best apps for dieters. But what if you want to cancel your subscription for any reason? Thankfully, it’s surprisingly simple.
To cancel your MyFitnessPal subscription, navigate to the platform from which you enrolled, then follow the steps to cancel the subscription. For instance, you'll need to cancel your subscription in the Play Store if you registered via an Android phone.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to cancel your MyFitnessPal Premium subscription
There are three ways to cancel a MyFitnessPal subscription, and it will depend on how you signed up for the service. Find the steps for each method below.
Using an Android phone
Here’s how you can quickly halt an auto-renewing MyFitnessPal subscription on an Android phone.
- Open the Play Store.
- Tap your profile picture at the top-right of the screen.
- Select Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions.
- Select your MyFitnessPal subscription.
- Tap Cancel in the Cancel subscription section.
Using an iPhone
Quickly disable your auto-renewing MyFitnessPal subscription on your Apple device by doing the following:
- Open your Settings app, then tap your name.
- Select Subscriptions, then tap the MyFitnessPal subscription.
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
Cancel your MyFitnessPal Premium subscription on the website
Finally, if you’ve subscribed to MyFitnessPal on the website using a credit card, here’s how to cancel it.
- Open your browser and navigate to MyFitnessPal. Log in with your details.
- Once logged in, navigate to My Home, then select Premium.
- On the Premium page, click Subscription Settings.
- Finally, toggle Auto-Renewal to Off.
Notably, all methods will ensure your MyFitnessPal subscription does not auto-renew but comes to an end at the end of your billing cycle. If you cancel your MyFitnessPal subscription with eight months left, your subscription will end after this period.
We recommend you cancel your MyFitnessPal subscription before deleting your account.
A MyFitnessPal Premium subscription costs $19.99 per month or $79.99 per annum.
If you’re in need of one of the premium features, like food analysis, data export, macros by meal, and food timestamps, a MyFitnessPal Premium subscription is worth it. If you don’t need these features, there’s no need to pay for Premium.