Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to cancel your Chegg subscription
Chegg is helpful, but once you no longer need it, here is how to cancel a Chegg subscription. It’s easy to do and won’t take more than a minute of your time. We’ll show you how to do it through the company’s website as well as on Android and iOS.
To cancel a subscription purchased through the Chegg website, open your account page to the orders section in a web browser, and if you are not already, log in to your account. Then click on Cancel My Subscription.
If you want to pause your subscription (but not cancel), visit your accounts page and click on Subscriptions > Chegg Study > Pause subscription. Then, choose how long you want to pause (up to six months) and click Pause subscription.
Read on to learn how to cancel your subscription on Android and iOS.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to cancel your subscription on the Chegg website
To end a Chegg subscription you purchased directly through the website, here is what to do:
- Open your account page to the orders section in a web browser.
- If you are not already, log in to your account.
- Click on Cancel My Subscription.
How to cancel your Chegg subscription on Android
If you purchased a Chegg subscription on an Android device, you’ll have to end your subscription using the Google Play Store. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Play Store and tap your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Payments & Subscriptions > Subscriptions.
- Choose Chegg from the list and then tap on Cancel subscription.
How to cancel your Chegg subscription on an iPhone
iPhone and iPad users need to end their subscriptions using their Apple ID. Here is what to do:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on your name.
- Tap Subscriptions > Chegg.
- Choose Cancel subscription and confirm your choice.
How to pause your Chegg subscription
If you just want to take a break from Chegg but don’t want to cancel, you can pause your subscription. Here is how:
- Visit your accounts page and click on Subscriptions > Chegg Study > Pause subscription.
- Choose how long you want to pause (up to six months).
- Click Pause subscription.
How to delete your Chegg account
Once you end your subscription, you can also request Chegg to totally delete your data permanently. You will have to submit a form to request this. Make sure all your book rentals are over and return anything you currently have checked out. Also, ensure you have canceled your subscription. After that, do the following:
- Open the Chegg privacy request form.
- Fill out your information.
- Choose Data Deletion Request.