Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Hangouts application for Android and Chrome is live
Google Hangouts has just gone live in the Chrome Web Store and in the Google Play Store. Hangouts is the new unified messaging service available on the web, iOS and Android and will replace the current Google Talk application.
Unfortunately, there is a glitch which makes the application appear to not be compatible with tablets. Luckily, a fix is on the way.
Here are the features of Hangouts as listed in the Google Play Store:
- Say more with photos and emoji.
- See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
- Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
- Message friends anytime, even if they’re not connected right now.
- Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
- Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
- Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
- See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
- View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
- Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
- Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support “invisible” status.
Hit the links in the Source below to begin downloading the application and start hanging out with your friends and family.
Are you as excited as we are about Hangouts? Let us know in the comments.