Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Google Now Launcher has finally made its way to the Play Store
Since many people are probably already using it via CyanogenMod or thanks to some easily downloaded and installed files, a lot of people already know what to expect with the Google Now Launcher. For those who don’t, here’s a quick list of some features.
- Google Now is a part of your home screen. After activating it in the launcher settings, you simply swipe left of the main home screen and it’ll be there waiting for you.
- Saying “Okay, Google” while on any home screen should automatically open the voice search for everyone.
- Instead of a pop up box, long pressing the home screen allows you to add widgets, wallpapers, or enter the launcher settings.
- A larger viewing area thanks to translucent status and navigation bars (where supported).
- It is only available currently for Nexus devices and Google Play Experience devices. Unfortunately, we don’t know when it’ll be available for everyone.