Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Galaxy Tab Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade scheduled for July and August, Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus getting it
Samsung Galaxy Tab owners will be thrilled to hear that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade they’ve been waiting for so many months will start rolling out next month. The update will be available for various Galaxy Tab models, including the Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus. In fact, here’s the complete list of Galaxy Tab tablet models that will get ICS:
- GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
- GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
- GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
- GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
- GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G
While the ICS updates will start in July, Sam Mobile reports that most of them are planned for August, so some waiting is still in order. The news seems to be confirmed at this time by Samsung Canada, whose Galaxy Tab ICS upgrade schedule is also set for July and August.
In addition to all the Android 4.0 features you’re expecting to discover and enjoy on your Android tablet, the ICS update is supposed to bring various performance improvements to your Galaxy Tab’s battery and speed.