Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to Remove Bloatware from your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Don’t you just hate the padding that phone manufacturers and some service providers inject into your phone? We’re talking about the bloatware that you may not ever have use for, taking up space and slowing down performance.
If you’ve ever itched to remove them, either because you simply can’t use them, can’t imagine yourself using them in the future, or find them an eyesore, XDA Developers member goddamnit brings us a way to selectively remove pre-included apps and other bloatware from the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Why keep an app around on your Galaxy Note when you can’t use it, right? Rather than letting that app fester, take the initiative to reclaim it and free up some space.
Lite-ROM Creator, by goddamnit, generates a script that removes built-in apps you don’t need and, on top of that, may save you battery life. What makes this tool even better is that you don’t have to remove each and every app individually. Instead, you can save time by simply selecting the apps you want to delete from a list generated by the tool and you’re set.
Though it’s only been tested on the Samsung Galaxy Note, efforts are still in progress to check if this works across all Android phones. For those of you who are more experienced with Android device customization, the newest version of Lite-ROM Creator allows you to edit the database yourself.
Unfortunately, Lite-ROM Creator Script only works on Windows. For those of you who are not using Windows, you may have to wait until someone ports it for your operating system or you can try using VirtualBox.
Before you can start removing those useless apps, you’ll need a few things:
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (Not rooted? Check out our guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.)
- A Windows PC
- On your phone, install System Tuner from the Google Play store.
- Download Lite-ROM Creator to your computer.
Once you have everything, you can now proceed to removing unnecessary bloatware from your Galaxy Note:
- To play it safe, make a Nandroid backup in Recovery Mode. This allows you to revert to an earlier state in case something does not work out.
- Extract the contents of the Lite-ROM Creator ZIP package using 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZIP, or other similar file extraction programs.
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the contents of the ZIP file.
- Double click on lite-rom_creator.exe to launch it.
- Select the apps you’d like to remove. You can double-click to include an app or double-click a selected app to exclude it.
- After you’ve finished selecting the apps you’d like to remove, click “Export Lite-ROM Script”. You should get “fish-literom.txt”.
- Copy the “fish-literom.txt” into your Galaxy Note’s internal SD card.
- Launch the System Tuner app on your Galaxy Note.
- Tap on the “Terminal” button.
- Tap on the “Script” button.
- Locate and select “fish-literom.txt”.
- Wait for the script to finish executing. If you get Force Close errors while the script is running, just ignore the error messages.
- Reboot your phone when the script finishes its tasks.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully debloated your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 by using Lite-ROM Creator.