Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Install MIUI 4 on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of Samsung’s popular mid-range and budget-friendly Android phones. Sporting mid-range specs and good performance, the phone lets you enjoy the Android experience without burning a hole in your pocket. The Samsung Galaxy Ace, however, only offers Android 2.2 Froyo, which is not as sweet as the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
XDA Developers member Rushabh25 has developed an alternative way to load up Android 4.0 ICS on your Galaxy Ace via the MIUI 4 ROM. The ROM is called MIUY4 and has a pretty long list of features, the most notable of which are the following:
- MIUI launcher and icons
- MIUI boot animation
- MIUI default wallpapers
- MIUI user interface
- MIUI apps such as Gallery, Music Player, and Camera
- MIUI clock widgets
- Enabled CRT Animation
- Lagfree v3 and Turboboost v8.5
- Speed and stability
- Android Market 3.4.4
- Full deodex
- Screenshot capture
If you want to give the ROM a try, read our guide on how to install the MIUY4 ROM to your Galaxy Ace.
Take note that you will be held responsible for whatever happens to your device. You will also be needing the following before you can proceed with installing the ROM:
- Grab the MIUY4 ROM (version 2) here (“MIUY4 v2.zip”, 89.59 MB).
- You will need to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Check out our rooting guide for your device.
- Pump up your phone’s battery to at least 60% or more.
- To prevent losing your phone data, create a backup before flashing the ROM.
- Disable system tools that will interfere in the installation process (e.g., firewall programs, antivirus software, and Samsung KIES).
- Hook up your mobile phone to the PC.
- Copy the MIUY4 ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Ace’s SD card.
- Switch your device off and leave it untouched for about 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the Home button (middle key) and Power button simultaneously to boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Using the Volume keys, highlight “Wipe Data/Factory reset” and tap the Power button to select.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and confirm the action on the next screen.
- From the main menu, go to “Advanced” and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache,” then confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from sdcard.”
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” and scroll down and locate the “MIUY4 v2.zip” file.
- Confirm your action by selecting “Yes” to begin flashing the ROM to your mobile phone.
- Reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich via the MIUY4 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Tell us what you think of the newest Android experience on your mobile device.