Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Early August ICS rollout set for Sprint's HTC EVO 3D and EVO Design 4G
The whole Android world is excited about the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and we can’t wait to receive that update for our devices. OEMs and network carriers don’t have the best track record as far as speedy OS update rollouts are concerned but that will hopefully change this time around.
Most OEMs and network carriers are still rolling out the Android 4.0 ICS update, especially when it comes to their “older” devices. After a long wait, Sprint subscribers who own the HTC EVO 3D and/or the EVO Design 4G finally have a reason to celebrate. Sprint announced on its Community page that the ICS update for the above mentioned devices will be available early August.
This update will introduce a host of new features including:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful.
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile.
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize.
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout.
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+.
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support.
- Redesigned Gmail app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection.
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera.
We’ll be sure to keep you informed about the exact dates for the rollout once it’s available.
What are your thoughts? Are you excited about the ICS update for the EVO 3D and the EVO Design 4G? Let us know in the comments section below.