Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Dolphin Browser is “highest performing HTML5” mobile browser, Dolphin Engine in Beta available to download
In a recently published post on the company blog, Dolphin said that its Dolphin Browser, a popular mobile browser for mobile devices including Android smartphones and tablets, is the “highest performing HTML5” mobile browser out there.
The company compared its product with various other browsers, across a variety of platforms, including Opera, Chrome Beta, Firefox, Windows Phone 7.5, MeeGo, Android 4.0, BlackBerry OS 7, Bada 2.0, Nokia Belle FP1, webOS 2.2, and Android 2.3, and found it to be the better browser.
At the same time, the company announced the availability of Dolphin Engine (in Beta), “an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.” The Dolphin Engine (in Beta) APK can be downloaded right away and installed on the Android devices you’re currently using Dolphin Browser on.
Here’s how Dolphin explained what “highest performing HTML5 browser” means:
- 5-10X faster than the default Android browser
- 100% faster than Chrome (at times)
- Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a [sic] respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
With a score of over 450, the highest tested, Dolphin has:
- Full support for Web Worker
- Full support for Web Socket
- Full support for Web Audio
- Support of Camera real-time video display
- Support of Web Notification
- Support of Web GL
- Support of Web application customization
Have you tested the new Dolphin Browser? Did you notice any significant improvements?