Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Docs to Go gets a massive redesign, adds free editing and more
An updated version of Docs to Go has now landed in the Play Store, bringing a completely redesigned look and several new features to the table. Docs to Go 4.0 is also making the free version of the app significantly more useful than in past versions.
Previously, the free app only allowed you to view existing documents, but now you can edit them as well. This is more than likely due to the increased competition for other Android Office Suites out there, many of which are either cheaper or completely free.
Although the free version is much better in Docs to Go 4.0, the Office Suite still has a paid version for those looking for more features. You can unlock all paid version features for $9.95 (down from $15) or you can unlock only the specific features you need, like enhanced Cloud service support, for even less.
Here’s the full change-log, highlighting what’s different in the latest version of the app:
- Editing is now free for new users and existing Docs To Go ‘Viewer Edition’ users.
- App redesign – Modernized user interface includes a refined file explorer and easy access to extensive editing & formatting options without sacrificing valuable screen real estate.
- Additional Cloud services supported – Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, and Google Drive*
- Android Kit Kat (v4.4) OS compatible
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
- Select features only available via in-app purchase in Docs To Go
While the latest version of Docs to Go still isn’t perfect, it’s certainly a welcome update and includes a look that is much more modern and polished than past versions of the app. If you’re interested in checking out the app, can grab the updated app directly from Google Play.
For those that have already tried it out, what do you think of the changes?